Tuesday, April 26, 2005

71 hours, 40 minutes, and 50 seconds.....

71 hours, 40 minutes, and 50 seconds, but whose counting? That's how long it will be until our flight leaves for Moscow. we have had a wonderful experience here, and have gotten attached to the schatte's and Hannah (my caps lock button only works on certain letters, so all of you first grade teachers reading this, cut me some slack), but i'm ready to begin the final phase of our journey. The weather here has been good, but rain and sleet are expected the next two days, which will make for long days with the little ones who run to the closet for their shoes everytime one of us has to go to the market or here. i left them screaming in the floor when i came here. we went to the yellow mall yesterday and bought a few toys to hide until we get on the plane. maybe evan will be good on the plane, or better yet, sleep. probably wishful thinking. i'm excited. Moscow is not home, but we will be staying at a marriot, so we will have television (some english channels) and control of the thermostat in the room. they keep all buildings here at about 80 to 85 degrees. i hope i don't suffocate between now and saturday. it was great talking to some of the people at the bank at midnight last night. i can't wait to get back to work, and i mean it. hope all is well.

Clay

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be home before you know it. I will pray for a peaceful flight home. Enjoy your first family "vacation" in Moscow. Can't wait to see you.

Katie

Debbie said...

Last night I was thinking about Evan and his swollen lip and remembered that the little boy, Benjamin, who was in the apt with us on our first trip fell shortly before his visa picture was to be taken - he had a big bruise in the middle of his head! His parents were so worried about it! Maybe it's something the kids discuss in the BH to do to embarrass parents LOL Can't wait to find out :)
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hodges Family,
I know your anxious to begin your journey home. What a roller coaster ride the adoption process is. The wait to come home gets long but the overall price to ride the roll coaster is well worth the ups and downs. I’m missing you all very much. I find myself adding hours to my day so I can visualize what you guys are doing. I can’t wait until everyone returns home.
Clay, getting back home and watching TV again isn’t all that fun. I mean about the only thing on TV from 7PM until bedtime is basketball. Playoff basketball, one game after another. And when you do change the channel what do you find, BASEBALL, one game after another. To make things worse, since I have no one to cook for I have to eat Mexican food and or pizza with an occasional American Hamburger. So don’t think you’re missing anything. I’ll do my part and watch what I can so I can keep you updated. Somebody has to do it!

Take Care, Worship God, talk to you soon.

Mark

Drinking water from the refrigerator taste so good. I just hope one day I can rid the mind of BATH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there
Good that you are at least down to the counting on leaving to head home *S*...
I been reading your story from day one and wondering if you will keep posting even when you get home as what you all are doing?...
Can't wait until we can see pictures of the Evan *S*
Your friend
Willdeanna--Willie

Anonymous said...

Family, I know you're counting down the hours until this leg of the trip is over and you begin your journey home. But, I have to tell you the thought is sending tears down my face. I'm going to miss ya'll very much. The little apartment just won't be the same without you in it. I'll let you know how Hannah reacts. But, I can already tell you for me it will be very hard. We'll miss you!
Love,
Carol