Monday, April 11, 2005

April 11, 2005

We went to meet the judge today and she accepted our dossier! We will have our court date on Friday. She was nice.

The Schattes arrived today. We have really enjoyed having them around. We celebrated our 7th anniversary today and Carol's birthday by having dinner at the snowflake resturant. Evan did very well for his first trip to a restaurant. He ate lots of bread and cherrios. He cried very loud when we went inside we know the people trying to enjoy a nice quiet meal were not happy with us. The waitress brought him a Russian Lion King book. The book and our cherrios saved the day.

Kirsten, Irina came over today. She is very sweet. We gave her your things and also the things from Judy.

Brent, Evan loves his dog and already wont sleep without it!


FYI: We can't check our home email.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary! And wonderful news that all went well in court. Isn't the Snowflake food great? At least I hope it was :) Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

talked to the kids this morning. They were getting Evan ready for bed. He loved his bath tonight. He put his head under water three times. He thought that was really funny!!Now he does not cry when they put him in the tub...he cries when they have to take him out of the tub. I could hear him in the background. Laughing and talking. Mama, Mama. He would run up to Brandi and give her a kiss. Can't wait til MiMi gets some sugar!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well. You're on our prayer list here at Bethany, of course! Sharon and I talk daily about how you are doing over there. We're thinking about you guys and this website is great for allowing us to follow on your journey. Keep posting. We'll be over here praying for you, and we can't wait to meet that little boy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am so glad things are going so well! It's so nice to be able to check up on you to see how you are doing! You are covered in prayer as you prepare for court on Friday! Enjoy every minute with Evan (even the tantrums!!!)

Anonymous said...

Brandi and Clay,
I couldn't help but laugh when I read your entry about the restaurant. We still deal with that sort of thing, and Ana-Grace has been home for 16 months! As I read, I was thinking, "Welcome to toddler world!" HA HA :)

Have you found the "Irkutsk Mall"? If you cross the street like you are going to the internet cafe, continue straight (like you are going to the "American Grocery Store.") Continue past the grocery store (it will be on your right). You will go down a few blocks past the grocery store. You will come to a big opening on the right. There will be shops lining both sides of this big market area (which is pretty much closed to cars), and a mall will be at the very end facing you. There are toy stores and cafes in the market area, and it will make a good stroll for Evan.

I am glad to hear that things are going well, and we look forward to hearing more good news later.

Sincerely,
Rodney Stephens

Anonymous said...

Clay & Brandi - I am so glad that you guys are finally with the little boy that has held your "Hearts" for the last year. I have thought about you both every day since you left. I know you thought this time would never get here. I know you both are making great parents already to Evan, because of the strength, determination and patience that I have seen from you. Just remember the TODDLER stage is not easy for any parent. I wish you all three the best and can't wait to meet the little person that has been prayed for so much.

Sincerely,
Heather Martin

Anonymous said...

Hello Brandi, Clay, and Evan! Happy Anniversary! It is so great to be able to keep up with you. I am glad to hear that everything seems to be going so well. We don't have to sit and wonder what you are doing now and what Mr. Evan is in to. I can't wait for you guys to get home so we can all meet Evan! Just wanted to let you know that Evan has a new friend to meet. She arrived Saturday, April 9th. It wasn't in the plans, but Natalie came into the world at 2:36 pm Saturday. I guess, just as you have learned, that our children do not always allow us to make the plans. They tend to make them for us sometimes. I was afraid I was going to miss out on your posts. I made the comment that I would need someone to bring me their laptop to the hospital so I could keep up with you guys!! Well, take care! We miss you and can't wait for you to be home! Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything is going great. We are praying for you here!

I love this website!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Im so glad your family is complete. I know you all are just on cloud 9 all day and night too. Isn't it awesome to watch him sleep and do all those wonderful things toddlers do? Im so glad that your meeting with the Judge went well. By the way HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. What a great anniversay gift to be able to spend it with your son. Have a wonderful time and remember we are all thinking & praying daily that your trip is a safe, eventfull and truly amazing. The Mercer's