Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hodges Family of 3...PLUS TWO!!!

In case you haven't heard by now...We found out a few weeks ago that Evan is going to be a big brother!!

On Wednesday, June 6th, we found out that not only is he going to have a baby brother or sister, he's going to have TWO BABIES!!

Yes...it's true...we're expecting TWINS! Our due date is February 3, 2008!

3 car seats oh my...I guess Clay finally has to break down and by a bigger SUV...or a wide-load according to Russell Hicks. :-)

Evan is very excited about being a big brother and he talks about his babies all the time. He loves asking questions about them and talking about how he is going to take care of them.

When we went in for our ultrasound the doctor only saw one at first...the second one was hiding. Daddy says that #2 is going to be devious like Mommy was when she was a little girl and like Evan can be sometimes.

God has truly blessed us with our wonderful and perfect son, Evan. I can't believe that he is blessing us again! He is so Gracious! And yet another precious gift...we recently found out that some very dear friends of ours are expecting their 4th child...and we have the same due date!

A funny Evan story: After we heard our news, we headed for the beach. One day we were enjoying the sun and waves and Clay asked Evan what he thought about the twins. Evan said, "Good, but I like all teams. I like the Cubs, the Phillies, The Braves, all of them." How funny!!

Here's the ultrasound picture...Do you see where the Doctor typed TWINS!!!?




27 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing the pictures of Hannah's new cousins! She kept saying let me see them again. Congratulations! You know we'll be visiting in early, early spring!!! We love you guys! All of you...Hodges Family of 5! GOD is so good!!!

Love,
Your Northern Family

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for all of you. I know this will be a big change but a blessed change. I will be praying for you!
Love
brandy Rowe

Debbie said...

I think it's time for a mini-van!! LOL Congratulations -- Debbie and Brian

v and K said...

We are just thrilled for you! Can't wait to meet the newest members of your family!

Oh, and a minivan is way better than an SUV. Not only does it get better mileage and seat more people and reconfigure more easily, but Vince can put an 8-ft piece of plywood flat on the floor of our Odyssey. Don't let anyone fool you - it's a man van! ;-)

Much love,
the Groffs

Anonymous said...

What a blessing. Twins, how amazing!! God is so wonderful, our unchanging Lord never deserts His children; He encourages us to cast our cares on Him and keep faith in Him. Your faith is an inspiration to me and I know God will keep you and the twins in His hands during this time. Thanks for keeping me in the loop; I will keep you all in my prayers. You truly inspire me.
Love, Gina
"Your forever Walmart friend" : )

Anonymous said...

Your BLOG has gotten so pretty! I love reading all the news and looking at the pictures. You are wonderful to share, I didn’t’ know that about bees having dots and not stinging. I’m gonna have to test that out.

Twins are wonderful. I’m grateful for your sanity that it’s not a quint set, although, if anyone could make that work, it would be you. Your tummy is so flat. Just where are these little buggers anyway????

Deanna Kelly

Anonymous said...

Brandi- That is so wonderful!! You are definitely going to have your hands
full! Hopefully ALex and I will be expecting soon too :)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I am soooo excited for you guys!!! Keep us posted!

Jennifer Sealy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brandi!! This is WONDERFUL news!!

We are so happy about the blessings that God has poured on your family!

Best wishes,
Thank you for keeping in touch!
:-)

Danille Roe, Mercer

Anonymous said...

Brandi,

CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful news!

I guess you heard that we had a miscarriage back at Christmas but we are expecting again. Our due date is real close to yours...January 27.

How are you feeling? Is Evan excited to be a big brother? Did you get to hear the heart beats when you had your ultrasound? How exciting. I'm calling my dad and brother right now. This is just so exciting. What a miracle. God is great. Well, I'll quit blabbing. Let me know how you're doing. I really enjoy reading your blog. I also had fun looking at your different cakes. Do you make cakes for anyone? Anthony's friends are all getting married this year...infact we just threw a couples shower last week and I almost called you for a cake but I had already placed an order with Publix. You are so talented. Tell clay we said hello and congratulations.

Take Care~Mandy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! TWINS!!! I am sure your are thrilled and scared all wrapped up into one. You guys are going to be so blessed!! :):):)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Katharine

Anonymous said...

Brandi, Clay and Evan...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

With all our love and prayers,
Sabra & Trini

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you, and yes God has truly blessed you guys. If you need anything later, let us know. We love ya and again a double congrats. With lots of Love, Melissa, David, & Caleb

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so happy for you :)
Abby and I love reading your blog. We just looked at it a few weeks ago when you sent out the information on your
cakes. She loves the pictures of Evan.

She still tells everyone about how he went to the POTTY when he was a little baby when ever the topic of potty training comes up with anyone.

I love the picture of him and the little girl in the field with the cows kissing. You could sell that and make a fortune !! It reminds me of the pictures of the little boy/girl in overalls kissing-all of those pictures and such.

I know you will keep us up to date.

We would love to see you. We are coming to Covington on the 23rd for my nephews birthday and to visit some friends.

I don't know if it would be convenient for you, but I would love to work it in. Let me know what your plans are.

Angela Henderson

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God has richly blessed you! We'd love to get together.

Marcie and Benny

Anonymous said...

Clay and Brandi,

How exciting! We are so thrilled for you guys, and we know that you must be ecstatic. Please keep us updated!
Sincerely,

Rodney

Anonymous said...

O-M-G !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
I am so excited for you guys. I'm sure Evan is counting the days on becoming BIG BROTHER. This is so awesome. I know you just can't wait.

I told mom the great news too and she is happy for you. She tells me this came from Clay's side of the family. I believe she said that Sandra had twins, Barry and Alicia. I'm not sure if you knew but mom use to work with Sandra at New Traditions Realestate Co.

Well gotta go, keep in touch on the BABY news. Talk to ya later.
-Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Hey sis. I just wanted to tell you how overjoyed I am for you and Clay.
God really is good!!!! I love you.
Carman

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh!!!

That is so awesome!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the very happy Hodges Clan upon the blessed arrival!!

With all our love!
Greg and Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I am so excited for you!!! Two precious babies at one time!!!! What a blessing!!

Hope you are having a great time at the beach!!! Love ya, Marcia

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! It brings tears to my eyes. God has truly blessed you guys. I cannot wait to meet the little peanuts. When are you due?
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Brandi, this is the best news ever! Congratulations to all of you. I’m so excited and so happy for y’all! You and Clay are such wonderful parents, and now you get to do it all over again. The Lord is good, and He is faithful! We’ll be praying for you as you go through this most wonderful time in your life! I know everyone in Covington and Social Circle is celebrating with y’all! I’ll have to give India a call; I’m sure she’s beside herself. Thank you so much for sharing this good news with me, and I’ll pass it on to Pam, Robby and Ken.

God is good, and He has blessed you richly! I know Evan is going to love being a big brother, and it sounds like he’s already taking care of him or her. I hope you’re feeling good and won’t have any morning sickness. Give my love to all!

Oh my goodness! The Lord has doubled your blessings! Blessings to all of you! Psalm 127:3

Congratulations!!!
Much Love,

Del

Anonymous said...

I just heard but was waiting to hear from you. It's really "weird". Yesterday morning I was in the kitchen and I had this really strange feeling/thought about you being pregnant. I don't even know why you came to mind right then. Then last night I heard. I am so very thrilled for ya'll. I will be praying. How are you feeling? What does Evan think? What about Clay?

I love ya'll!!!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I just hung up talking to you - the blessings just keep on coming! First, the two of you went half way around the world to bless us with our precious Evan, and now twins!! Ampa and Amma are overwhelmed beyond words! We love all 5 of you so much - God is so good!!

J. said...

Hey Brandi,
That's awesome news! I am thinking about you often. One day we will get together!

Love,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Thankfully we have gotten closer to you guys through Wee Ball, so we could see the true blessing(s) God has given the three of you! Congrats! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Eric, Tracey, Savannah and Chloe

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I checked out your US pic on your blog – cute! I am praying for you and the babies. I hope you have an easy pregnancy. I can hardly wait to find out what they are! This must be so exciting. Don’t hesitate to call for anything!

Love ya!
Amy Colson