Monday, August 18, 2008

Elijah is Crawling...in his own way!

Elijah has been wanting to crawl for about a week or so now and this weekend, he finally mastered The Scoot! It's so funny! He gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth a bit, grunts, then pulls his toes up towards his belly and sort of walks them in. He gets better and better all each time he does it.

Here's a video that I took Saturday morning...Notice towards the end how he glances up and sees me with the camera and gives a quick smile, almost as if he's saying, "Are you getting this? Aren't I doing good?!"

You'll notice in the backgroud is, Miss Ella Cinderella, who is just as complacent in life as always and is just as happy sitting on the floor watching Elijah do all of the hard work.

5 comments:

J. said...

Ohhhhhh! So precious! I love the effort he puts into his crawl, as unorthodox as it is! And yes, Ella seems completely content where she is!

Can you believe that Evan was just a little bit older when you first went to Russia? Time is flying!

Cellosa said...

Ella was his cheerleader. She was waving her blankie as he did all the work.

Continue to enjoy every precious, wonderful moment!

Kristie said...

Oooowee!!! That is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! Love these moments!

~Michelle~ said...

how sweet!!! Stephen and I were cracking up!

Chassidy said...

How sweet! What a big boy victory! Be foer you know it he will be running in circles around the living room!