
I learned a valuable lesson today, one that I hope I can pass down to other Moms who follow behind me....Ant Farms and 5 year old Boys DON'T mix!! LOL
Everyone survived without injury, everyone except for a few ants that is...
Here's the story...
Santa gave Evan an Ant Farm for Christmas and the ants had to be ordered through the mail. We were so excited yesterday, when we received them so last night we put our ants in their new home. This morning I was in the living room with the babies when in walks Evan holding the ant farm to show me the new tunnels that they dug over night. I told him that you were supposed to pick them up and to go put it back.
A few seconds later, I heard a loud noise. "Evan, please tell me that wasn't the ant farm."
"IT WAS!" He shouted, "And they're EVERYWHERE!"
I go running in and sure enough...THEY'RE EVERYWHERE...FIRE ANTS...running and crawling all over my floor! I grabbed the broom and start to sweep them up...yeah...that was interesting. Me trying to get 30 ants into a broom pan, trying not to get bitten, trying to get them back into their container, trying not to let the others escape again. YIKES!
I managed to get them all up except for a few who were crushed by the broom...poor guys.
One would think that the top to an ant farm would come with screws or something...I mean come on...half of the toys that you buy these days are screwed into the cardboard box!!
I suppose it is my fault...after all...I didn't tell Evan NOT to pick up the ant farm. LOL
The package does say that they are "Non-Breading Ants" I guess that's good since, I'm sure at least one of two escaped for good.
3 comments:
Yep, coulda told you that! Had a similar experience, although, it took longer for it to happen here. You are right -you'd think the container would close a little more tightly! It was one of those chalk it up to experience things...
Wow. Again what a great mom! You're astounding Brandi! I spend at least one month during the summer trying to keep ants out of my house... they won't ever be intentionally brought inside... poor Aidan.
we had a not so good experience with an ant farm also! :)
Post a Comment