4 Years ago today, my wonderful son became a US Citizen as the wheels of our plane touched down in NY. I love the sleepy little grin on his face as he's waving his American flag. We left Moscow at 3 am Moscow time, flew to Austria where we had a 7 hour layover...in the airport! Then landed in NY and took a taxi to JFK and arrived in ATL at 9:33 pm the following day.
At approximately 10:00 we introduced Evan to over 30 members of our family and friends who were waiting for us with signs held high.
These are some of my favorite airport pictures.
My Mom just couldn't control the tears!
Amma and Ampa rushing past everyone to met Evan...even though we had asked everyone to stay back so that Evan wouldn't be overwhelmed. LOL They couldn't help themselves.



5 comments:
Four years ago, the scariest, most exhausting, completely frustrating, most rewarding, and absolutely amazing periods of my life came to an end. The journey that Brandi and I had embarked on some 18 months earlier came to an end in a way that was better than I ever could have imagined. Evan Denis Hodges, you are your daddy's heart. I love you.
After reading and seeing the pictures, I needed a tissue. Then I read Clay's comments and by then needed the whole box..
I actually made it through the post without crying. I smiled a lot. And then I read Clay's post, and yea... waterworks city here in my office.
Welcome home anniversary Evan!
Loving it all -- I can picture it perfectly!
What sweet pictures. And what a sweet blessing to have Evan.
Post a Comment