Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ella and Elijah...first day of school.


They seemed so excited when we were walking up to the church. Elijah cried for just a second when I opened the door, all of the carpool kids (older kids) were sitting in the foyer waiting to go to class...I think he thought that's where I was leaving him. I quickly said, "No baby, we're going to you're class. You're not staying here." He immediately stopped crying, I guess he knew just what I said. We walked past the kids and he made the turn and went straight into his room without me. It works out nicely that they are in the same room that they are in during church so they are already used to it.
I was afraid that Ella was going to cry when we left because soon after we walked in she said, "Hold Mommy" and held her precious arms up to me. She didn't...neither did Elijah...they seemed so big...no tears...I was so proud.

Elijah...ready to go!




Ella trying to get her balance... "This backpack is way too heavy for me."


Ella wouldn't cooperate to get a door picture...

her backpack was too heavy and she wanted it off!!



This is how we left them...after we had our Good-Bye kisses.


The babies are in "school" every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9-1. I even have to pack a lunch for them, how sweet is that?! Today...chicken nuggets, cheese, crackers, and fruit.

I can't wait to pick them up and hear about their day.

I can't believe that we have 3 backpacks hanging by our backdoor.

6 comments:

Amma said...

What brave and big babies we have! What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall - I can't wait to hear about their day. Love the picture of all 3 backpacks and also Elijah at the door & Ella coming out of hers!

Love you all,

Amma

Lisa said...

So precious! I love it! How'd you do having them all gone?

Mimi said...

My sweet babies! Before you can turn around you will be a Mimi!!!
The pic of them in the classroom..Ella is standing there like.."Well, you gonna get outta my way or what!!!" Elijah looks just like Evan at the door.
Love You guys!
Mimi

Debbie said...

They are just growing up too fast - but I'm sure I don't have to tell their mommy that!!

J. said...

Wow! I can't believe how time is flyin'! They look absolutely adorable, and SO grown up! Enjoy your 2x a week time - I'm sure THAT flies by too! I know all too well! Hopefully it'll give you just a little time for YOU~

Chassidy said...

Congratulations! I'm glad they did so well. I'm sure you were worried. I LOVE the picture of all 3 backpacks hanging up. That woudl be an awesoem picture each year!