Thursday, May 05, 2005

Our last day in Moscow

Clay walked to McDonald's to get us lunch. It took him about 45 minutes to go there and get back. It was hard to entertain Evan while his Daddy was gone. We walked around the hotel and rode the elevator while Evan held out his arms saying Da-Da. He was so excited when Clay opened the door. He jumped up at Clay with such excitement. After nap we took Evan for a walk to Baskin Robins. Evan did not like the cold ice cream touching is mouth.

Our driver will be picking us up in the morning at 3:00 AM (that's 7 Pm Thursday night for ya'll) Mark, do you understand the meaning of ya'll yet? Please pray for our journey home. With our trip home lasting over 24 hours I am sure that Evan is bound to have at least one screaming fit or two along the way. Please pray for a smooth flight for us all, and nice and understanding people on the flights. Evan did well on the 6 hour flight to Moscow so hopefully he will do well on the next three as well. You can check the post before we left for our flight schedule.

We arrive in Atlanta at 9:33 Friday night. Hope to see you there.

It is so hard to believe that our journey is coming to a close. Thank you sweet Lord!

Evan says he can't wait to meet you all and that he will try not to be too shy! :-)

Hodges family of three

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLAY, BRANDI, & EVAN,

JUST AS YA'LL FELT THE PRAYERS IN THE COURTROOM ON YOUR ADOPTION DATE, I HOPE YOU WILL FEEL THEM ON THE PLANE ON THIS LAST LEG OF YOUR AMAZING JOURNEY. MAY YOU HAVE A SAFE AND PEACEFUL FLIGHT!!
ALTHOUGH I HAVE TRIED TO ARRANGE IT, I KNOW NOW THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO BE AMONG THOSE GREETING YOU IN ATLANTA AND I HAVE A HUGE FAVOR TO ASK. I KNOW YOU WILL BE TIRED AND READY FOR SOME DOWN TIME, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL POST WHEN YOU ARE HOME SO THAT ALL OF US CAN TAKE A GREAT BIG BREATH OF RELIEF AND OFFER UP A GREAT BIG PRAYER OF THANKS FOR YOUR SAFE RETURN.
CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE GUY!!!!

VICKI HAYS

Anonymous said...

Southern Family,

You are covered in pray. Your trip home will be long but blessed by our loving Father. Carol is prepared and ready for Moscow. I wonder what goes through the minds of Evan and Hannah? While reading about Evan and talking with Carol I feel they both are afraid of being left behind. When Clay went to McDonalds Evan asked about him and was joyous upon his return. After you guys left, Hannah missed you and reacted accordingly. Hannah woke up last night crying and when Carol walked in she hugged her so tight. One day soon they will realize there ours forever, never to be left alone again!
I tried out y’all on the work force as I departed yesterday and nobody acknowledged me. I then said I’ll see everyone tomorrow and disappointment appeared on their face. I’m so loved. I guess I’ll have to wait until I go south of the Mason Dixon line to use this strange term.

Gods Blessings,

Mark

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all three of you! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the airport tomorrow night - my sister's rehearsal dinner is that night so I don't know if we'll be done in time to make it there. If I can't make it, I'll call Sharon on her way home from the airport to hear all about it. It will be a joyous moment at our staff meeting on Tuesday when Sharon can finally announce that you are home now are officially a family of three. What a journey!!

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your postings. It has been such a treat to hear of all your experiences. I realize that you might not read this until you get home, but I will be praying for a safe flight for you. In fact I think you are leaving pretty much right now. Wow! You left as two and are returning as three. Brandi, I hope you enjoy this very special Mother's Day with Evan at home. I can't write how happy I am for you. I don't know if I'll make it to the airport (Oak Hill has the Spring Fling), but I will definitely come and visit you and your precious boy.

Elizabeth Thompson