A couple of other issues have been getting to me too.
The whole organic thing, and have you heard all of the latest press about the research that has been done on plastics that are used in items such as baby bottles?
As for the organic thing, I do feel very comfortable about the meat that I feed my family. Since all of our meat is purchased from BlueRibbionFoods I know that no growth hormones, chemicals, preservatives, dyes or colorings are included in my meats and it's all corn-feed. I also try to buy organic whenever possible. I just found out this week that their are certain foods that you use never pass up the chance to buy organic. Some of the foods are raisins, grapes, peanut butter, strawberries, rice and potatoes because they hold on to more of the pesticides than others. Rinsing them with water, by the way, doesn't remove any of the pesticides. You can make your own homemade veggie/fruit cleaner by using lemon juice, vinegar, baking soda. Recipe
Okay, the plastics thing... Many plastics include Bisphenol A (BPA) which many scientists say can cause harmful effects when it leaks into the products or formula inside. Almost all plastic products contain BPA, which is why many companies are phasing it out. Dr. Brown's now just released a BPA FREE bottle, which we bought from Babies R Us last night to replace all of our polycarbonate bottles.
According to WebMd, both Wal-mart and Babies R Us have announced that they will be phasing out the bottles that contain BPA. WebMd For more information on BPA click here. And for the full study visit environmentcalifornia. There is news that Canada is even considering banning the use of BPA in plastics.
I know I'm probably overreacting here both on the organic issue and the plastics issue; however, when it comes to my family, I'd rather be safe than sorry. It really scares me to think of all the harmful things that I am putting into my family's bodies, so again safe than sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment