
Evan and I made Kissing Hand Cookies, Thursday, for him to take to school. He really enjoyed making them and Mrs. Willis said that the class loved them. We all know this is a special book for our family. Link However, our big boy is growing up and getting very brave. Every morning before he and Clay leave, and every night when we tuck him in, we exchange Kissing Hands. Clay said that his morning when he dropped him off at school, he gave Clay a quick sideways hug, (not the usual big full body hug) and walked away. Clay then asked Evan if he needed a Kissing Hand and he said, "Nah." I can't believe it!!
2 comments:
I love the cookies! Can I get the recipe? I just read this to my class on our first day of school. I'm thinking about reading it to Braden on Thursday before we leave for his day of preschool.
You can purchase a hand shaped and a heart shaped cookie cutter from Michaels. I used cookie dough in a tub (from Wal-mart), b/c it was super easy to roll out. After I cut the hands out, I used the heart to remove a heart shape from the hand. I then replaced it with a red heart. (Just mix a little red into the dough) Bake as directed.
Super Easy!!
Post a Comment