Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Father's Day & Happy Birthday

We spent Father's Day driving to the beach so it wasn't very eventful, I felt sorta bad for Clay. Clay and I went shopping for clothes for his gifts this year so he didn't really have much to open, though he did have a wonderful gift that Evan made from school and a framed photo of the two of them. Evan loves the idea behind a "Foam Finger" you know the ones at major league sporting events. I found a shirt for him to wear on father's day that had a picture of a Foam Finger and it said, "Dad's #1 Fan" it was too cute as so perfect!!!


We also celebrated Clay's birthday at the beach, well again, I guess celebrated wasn't the word since we didn't enjoy cake and ice-cream and he'd already bought his presents. I even forgot for a few minutes when we woke up and Evan shouted, "Happy Birthday, Daddy!"


While we didn't do much to make him feel special on Father's Day or his Birthday, I hope he knows how much he is loved by his family. He's the greatest dad and husband anyone could ever ask for.


Here are some of the things that make Clay a great daddy...

*He loves each of his children unconditionally and would do anything for each of them.
*He would spent hours playing baseball in the yard with Evan, even after he just walks in the door from work.
*He will always call Ella, his "little bitty teeny tiny baby girl"
*He loves to get snuggles from Elijah but willingly admits that he's a Momma's boy!
*He doesn't call staying home with the kids, baby sitting, and can't believe that some dads do.
*He misses them when they're not home and hates waking up on Saturday mornings when they're not here.
*He loves that he's the first one to walk into the babies room in the morning and he loves experiencing the joy on their faces when they see their Daddy.
*He loves getting up early with them all and misses morning TV time with just him and Evan but enjoys that he has Daddy time with them all.
* He knows what kind of food the babies need to eat and when. He knows what kind of diapers we need to buy and why we can't buy Huggies...but if he's ever in question...he calls to ask. :-)
*He would travel the world and back (again, :-) ) for Evan. For all three, but that boy has his Daddy's heart.
*He enjoys rubbing in the fact that Evan is a Daddy's boy...they love to talk about sports together.
*He works tirelessly to provide for his family and comes home and works even harder.
* I could go on and on...


All of those things also make Clay a great Husband, but a few more....

*He has a cup of perfect coffee made and waiting for me every morning before I get out of bed.
*He lets me sleep an extra hour in the morning and gets up with the kids.
*He changes and feeds them before I even get up.
*During school, he takes Evan so that I don't have to get the babies in and out of the van.
*He unloads the dishwasher every morning before he leaves for work.
*He takes the trash and does the laundry simply because he knows how much I hate them.
*He makes me laugh and can easily find humor in a situation.
*He loves me for who I, no matter what. Even when I become an emotional mess from time to time.
*He would do anything to make me happy.
*He understands that I am so overwhelmed and does so much to help out.
*He hates it that he can't give me a house keeper, a yard man, hours of spa time and quiet vacations with just the two of us.
* He sees the need that I have for us to be alone without kids.
*He feels the same way that I do about discipline, kids sleeping in their beds, eating at the kitchen table as a family, and quality time spent together.
*He has such beautiful blue eyes, especially in a light blue shirt and God gave them to each of my boys.

*Clay, You make our family work perfectly and beautifully.

Okay...I guess...I should stop now. lol I love you Clay and just wanted you to know how thankful I am for all that you do for our family!

5 comments:

Hodges Five said...

Thanks so much baby. My three children, and you especially, are worth it all. I love you.
Clay

Lisa said...

Aww! Happy Birthday to Clay!

Debbie said...

Love that picture!!!

Amma said...

Brandi,

When Evan, Ella and Elijah get married, I hope you have the same joy I have just knowing that they are loved and appreciated.

Thanks for loving & appreciating my boy!

Love,

Melanie

"The Popham's" said...

" A Beautiful Family " Your blog makes me smile!!!!